Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Preparation M

I guess today marks the first day of my journey. The contracts were signed and sent last week and the visa is pending. I juggled around bank accounts at Wachovia, Bancorp, and my newest banking love, Keesler FCU. (Better because it's yours)

The car is up for sale on Craigslist and Facebook. Probably soon to go in the AutoTrader.

I took a late night run to Wal-Mart to gather sundries. I am trying to take only the necessities. When I moved to Germany, I took only clothes. Korea won't have nearly as many familiar products, but I'm attempting to not let my experience be contaminated by trying to replicate the US. I guess it's mostly "creature comforts" having gotten more settled in my last six years.

All that's really left is to do a dry run on packing. Put everything in the bags and make sure they meet all the new regs. And 50 lbs max a bag? Why? Because the TSA folks are too weak to lift more than that. I give it a Puh-leeze.

No comments: