Monday, January 14, 2008

Fired

I haven't posted in nearly a month, but it is not without good reason. This is the first time in in that time that I have had the energy or the desire to write. I am backdating these posts to when the events occurred.



Simply, I was fired for asking that my contract be honored. January 10 was the first pay day for me, unfortunately, it was only half the amount it should have been. The problem was that my contract stated I should be paid on a "pro-rata basis to the 10th." That is, I would be paid for every day that I worked up until 10th. I was only paid until December 31.

I asked the owner several times to fix this problem. He created all kinds of excuses about taxes, accounting, pay roll, and franchise rules, which to my mind were all fabrications. I told him that I considered that I was only paid half of my contracted salary and that his actions were a breach of contract. If he didn't pay me by second period, I would sit at my desk and not return to class until I was paid.

As I told him I was leaving to go to first period, he said "No, no go class ... Go back America!"


Stay tuned, does our hero prevail, or does he meet an untimely death after contracting the H. pylori bacteria from drinking tap water?

No comments: